Kambing Jantan The Movie!

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

fasting, family, boarding house

this is my first fasting in boarding house, 1.5 hours away from family. It's quite nice, you know. You must be wondering, what about Sahur? Well, it is such a bless that there is a catering near my boarding house that offering sahur food and being delivered to my boarding house at 3 am, priced Rp. 6500 each meal. Easy, right? :D

But the fact that no one taking care of me here makes me do some chores, and cuts down my leisure time. Not to mention my duty as a college student to study and make homeworks. This means that I can't do some religious things as much as I did last year. It may sounds like some excuses, but it really happens at me. One kind of adaption, I guess. Must not happen next year.

Those are some things.

Last Saturday I went home (yeah, like I'm going home every weekend, duh) and broke my fasting with my father's family (on Sat) and with my mother's relatives (on Sun). In those two days, especially on Sunday, I really felt that it is a need to meet family, not an obligation. I feel this a few times before, but now it's different. Maybe because I live alone far away from home. And knowing that those relatives still care at me makes me happy.

I mean, when I was on senior high school and they were like asking me, "where are you going to study next? which faculty and university? why?" and some other stuffs like that, I felt annoyed. But now, they are asking, "how's life in boarding house? how's college?" and blahblahblahs, I feel good answering those questions. I finally get the answer of why people going to their hometown and feeling it myself (eventhough it was only some miles away :P).

Yep, I guess that's all. I must say that I wrote this in English because I told my English lecturer that I will do this. No, I won't do it to every postings, it's going to make me nuts.

take care, people. enjoy your life, have a nice fasting month! :)

1 comment:

Ikhma said...

deket kostan lo ada jualan pas saur gitu? wah enak dong.. murah lg. hahaaha.